Sunday, March 15, 2015

Paige turns 1!

March! When I say March it just makes my heart happy. March means Spring is here!!! I love this time of year, the transition from winter to spring is amazing. I just love the warmer part of the year and all that comes with it. So far March has been great, the 2nd was Papa Kanes birthday. Bob and I rounded up two of his siblings and we all took his dad out for dinner. It is so nice to have us all so close now, a few months ago we weren't even all in the same state! That night was also memorable because there was this huge snow storm!! We haven't had that much snow since Christmas...you think that's sarcastic but it's not. That night at work I had to drive to McKay-Dee medical center in Ogden and it was the worst road conditions I have seen in years. It was terrible and I hated every minute of that drive.

The 4th was miss Paige Elise's birthday!! I still can't believe that she is now 1, for me that was such a quick year. It's weird to think that my sweet sister has a one year old now. but at the same time it's not. It's just a normal thing, it's almost hard to imagine them without a baby now. Bob and I face-timed Paige that night to tell her happy birthday, every picture and face-time she just gets bigger and bigger.






We went to St George the 6th-8th for her birthday party that Holly did such an awesome job planning. We got there Friday night and hung out with our dear friends the Eves, we went to dinner and then just watched a movie at their house. It was so nice to hang out with them again just like old times. Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast with my family, then we went to see Bob's sweet old grandpa Kane in Beaver Dam. I love that sweet old man!! He was so happy to see us and even gave us each a bag of popcorn for the road! It was the funniest thing ever when he did that, did I mention I just love him? One of my favorite things to do in St George is to see grandpa Kane.

It was so bright after breakfast, she had to wear grandma's sun glasses

After we left grandpa Kane we went to Paige's party. We got there early so I just helped Holly get everything ready to go. It was such a cute party and she will be doing my kid's parties in the future. When everyone arrived we just hung out, watched her open presents. and watched her eat cake. She was so graceful about it and just ate it at her own pace-so cute. It was just great to be with my family and celebrate with Paige. Living so far apart we don't get many chances to see each other so I am really glad that we were able to go down there for the weekend.




This past Tuesday Bob and I really wanted to go to a movie! Since I didn't have mutual or work we jumped into the car and went to see American Sniper. I have heard so much about this movie and everything with it so we just had to see it. It was so good! I am so grateful for our troops. I always have been, but movies like this one just put a whole new perspective on what they have to endure. I couldn't do it. I couldn't be a military wife either. I admire those who do it every day.


Other than that, there is not much going on with us, We are just working so hard right now and can't wait for our Anniversary Vacation next month. We were going to go on a cruise but decided to spend a week in Phoenix Arizona instead. We found an awesome cruise that we will go on next year and didn't want to do the same thing two years in a row. I have briefly been to Phoenix and Bob has never been so that was the deciding factor. We are also stopping at the Grand Canyon for a couple of days! That is what I am most excited for and I wish it was here already! Thanks for keeping up with the Kanes!