Friday, November 11, 2016

Happy Birthdays, Hunting, and Halloween!

Well, this post is super late but better late than never.....this time of year is just so busy and we have so much going on! Here is a quick update on how the rest of our October went. If you missed our first October post you can read it here.

Happy Birthdays:
This year for birthdays we decided that we wanted to  go out of town. Our St George trip and my Yellowcard concert were our birthday celebrations. On our birthdays we did spend time together-we went duck hunting on Bob's birthday and we went to a movie for my birthday! We both got to go to dinner on our birthdays too. They were just really chill birthdays and that is how I like it. I did decorate the house though, and I am so glad that our birthdays are the same week so I only have to decorate once!

Image result for spouse birthday meme

Deer hunt:
This year the deer hunt was so fun! They are always fun but this year was more epic than any year in the past. For the first time in a long time all of Bob's family came, which meant I got to spend so much time with his cute little sister and I loved it! Opening day treated us good, we had a total of 8 tags and within the first hour we had 4 of them filled. We have never had that good of luck EVER! It was awesome! I didn't get one but Bob did and I am so happy for him! It was a whole new experience for me-cleaning, gutting, skinning...hunting is hard work. We tried at the end of the day to go get me something but they were nowhere to be seen. I think one deer will be good enough for us this year, but next year it's my turn to get something.





Halloween:
This year for Halloween we decided to throw a party! I love Halloween so this was the perfect thing for us to do! We have such a big backyard that we decided to have the party outside. We watched a movie from a projector and also had a fire where we roasted mallows and just had an awesome time! It was just a family party but sometimes those are the best kind to have. For Halloween this year we decided to dress up as Rick Grimes and a walker from The Walking Dead! We are obsessed with The Walking Dead so it was the perfect costume. I had a great time dressing up and honestly can't wait until next Halloween! We loved that his brother and Fiance came out, it is going to be so fun having them around for double dates! 



My crazy mother dressed up as a hunter, she is crazy!

We ended the night playing a round of clue with those who were too cold and needed to warm up!
That is about all the excitement October brought us, I love October and I hate when it has to end! I do however love this time of year and the things that it brings. November is an awesome month for us because everyday we share something that we are grateful for. I love doing this each day and it always intrigues me to listen to the things that Bob is grateful for. It makes me happy to know that he is always keeping a good perspective on life! I hope everyone is having a great November so far, I challenge you to express your gratitude and to count your many blessings! As always, Thanks for keeping up with the Kanes!