This past weekend Bob and I accompanied my grandparents to Boise Idaho. My grandpa's brother lives in Idaho and he isn't doing so well. He is slowly declining in health and my grandpa wanted to go see him while he still had the chance. I have been up there a few times to visit that side of my family but I haven't visited in many years...like since grade school!! We left Bountiful around 11:00 am Thursday morning, now while traveling with Grandparents we listen to books on tape. This trip was in our favor because they brought the first two books of Harry Potter!! I was so excited because I have been meaning to re-read them. Bob was a little skeptical but I think he liked them. We drove for a while then stopped in Tremonton to eat at JC's Diner. Then we hit the road again and arrived in Boise around 4:00 pm. At first we just talked and got reacquainted, It was so fun to introduce Bob to everyone. It never gets old-"this is my husband bob" It just rolls off the tongue. We ordered pizza for dinner, and watched a little TV (we tried so hard to find the Jazz game but had no luck..,that's why they lost Thursday night) then we headed to bed.
The next morning we got up and bad a huge breakfast of Pancakes with eggs and sausage. Then Bob and I went out and adventured around. We weren't sure what to do in a town we have never been in before, I looked up stuff on trip adviser but most of it was things to do in the summertime. We started out by going to the mall, which was a pretty big mall. We spend a couple hours there just walking in each shop and even getting lost. We found ourselves a magnet-we have this tradition where every place we vacation we buy a magnet. It's so fun, most times finding the magnet is the funnest part. After that we went to get drinks and treats then went back home to relax before we went to the Temple. The Boise Temple is so small, but so unique. We loved going to the Temple that evening, we usually don't have time while visiting to do that but this time we made it a priority.
After the Temple we changed then we out to dinner, Bob wanted Chinese food so we went to this little place that wasn't too far from the house. It was pretty good, it was a lot of food though. Neither of us expected that much food on one plate...and neither of us finished it either. The rest of the night we just hung out with the family. Sometimes I wish we had a bigger family but then I have these experiences and realize just how big my family really is. I have so many second cousins it's ridiculous. Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed home. We had to be home by 4:00 pm to pick up our puppies and I got called into work Saturday night as well. It was a great trip though-the weather was beautiful up there!! I didn't even wear a jacket half the time. Plus It was just so nice to be with Bob 24-7 and not have any responsibilities.
I love road trips and I can't wait to do more of them this upcoming year. Thanks for keeping up with the Kanes!



